GO IN PEACE, YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN
I would like to go to Confession
If the Holy Spirit is nudging you to receive the Sacrament of Confession (Reconciliation), Father is available to hear your confession:
- Thursday 5:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Saturday 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM
How do I make a good confession?
First, make an Examination of Conscience. If necessary, write a list to help you.
Second, go to Confession:
- The priest gives a blessing or greeting.
- Make the Sign of the Cross and say, “Bless me father, for I have sinned. My last confession was…” (weeks, months, or years).
- Confess all your sins to the priest. (If you are unsure or uneasy, tell him and ask for help).
- Say, “I am sorry for these and all my sins.”
- The priest gives a penance and offers advice to help you become a better Catholic Christian.
- Say an Act of Contrition, expressing your sorrow for your sins.
- The priest, acting in the person of Christ, then absolves you from your sins.
Third, after confession, rejoice! Your sins are forgiven! Be sure to make your penance, and then be at peace.
Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you, and I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they have offended you, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ, suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.
Want to know more about Confession? Visit: The Light is On for You